Netflix ain’t playin’!
This looks like it is going to be a good one. And, I cannot wait to see Jon Gary Steele’s production designs!! ~ V
The Lord of Dreams has been summoned, and captured, by mortal men. Once free from his captivity, this eternal ruler of Dreams will realize that his troubles are only just beginning.
The Sandman First Look | Netflix – Video via Netflix
I am the Lord of Dream and Nightmare.
Human beings are the creatures of desire. They twist and bend as I require it.
I’m not blessed or merciful. I’m just me. I’ve got a job to do and I do it.
Source: The Sandman @Netflix_Sandman
It seems like forever, but the wait is about to an end. The anticipated Netflix adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s popular comic book series The Sandman is coming together. Tom Sturridge, Gwendoline Christie, Vivienne Acheampong, Boyd Holbrook, Charles Dance, Asim Chaudhry and Sanjeev Bhaskar have been set to star in the dark fantasy series based on the DC comics.
The cast also features Eastenders alum and recent Order of the British Empire recipient Nina Wadia as The Mother, one of the three Fates in the comics who are beyond the control of the title character AKA the Dream King.
The series is described as a rich blend of modern myth and dark fantasy in which contemporary fiction, historical drama and legend are seamlessly interwoven”. The Sandman follows the people and places affected by Morpheus, the Dream King, as he tries to fix all the cosmic and human mistakes he’s made during his vast existence.
List of Characters ~ via The Sandman (TV series)
- Tom Sturridge as Morpheus / Dream: The king of dreams and the ruler of the Dreaming.
- Gwendoline Christie as Lucifer: The ruler of Hell.
- Vivienne Acheampong as Lucienne: The librarian of the Dreaming. The character is a gender-flipped version of Lucien, who is the Dreaming’s librarian in the comics.
- Boyd Holbrook as the Corinthian: A nightmare who escaped the Dreaming.
- Charles Dance as Roderick Burgess: A charlatan occultist.
- Asim Chaudhry as Abel: A resident of the Dreaming, based on the Biblical Abel.
- Sanjeev Bhaskar as Cain: A resident of the Dreaming and Abel’s brother, based on the Biblical Cain.
- Kirby Howell-Baptiste as Death: Dream’s kinder and wiser sister.
- Mason Alexander Park as Desire: Dream’s androgynous sibling, with whom he has a rivalry.
- Donna Preston as Despair: Dream’s sister who is twins with Desire.
- Jenna Coleman as Johanna Constantine: An occult detective and ancestor of John Constantine. Coleman plays two versions of the character, one in the eighteenth-century and another in the present day.
- Joely Richardson as Ethel Cripps: Burgess’s lover and the mother of John Dee. Niamh Walsh portrays a young Cripps.
- David Thewlis as John Dee / Doctor Destiny: Cripps’s insane son whose endeavor to find “truth” jeopardizes the world. Gaiman described Dee as a character “who could break your heart and keep your sympathy while taking you into the darkest places.”
- Kyo Ra as Rose Walker: A young woman who searches for her lost brother and becomes the prey of the Corinthian.
- Stephen Fry as Gilbert: Walker’s charming bodyguard.
- Razane Jammal as Lyta Hall: Walker’s friend and a widow mourning her husband Hector Hall.
- Sandra James-Young as Unity Kinkaid: Walker’s benefactor who has recently awakened from a century-long slumber.
- Patton Oswalt as the voice of Matthew: Dream’s raven emissary.
Disclaimer: We hold no rights to any of the pictures. No copyright infringement intended.